Sunday, September 5, 2010

In the summer of 2010 I met a man from India who was Hindu. He had come into the park I was at to meet someone and we started up a conversation.

Part way through the conversation, I asked Robert what he thought about Jesus.

Robert's belief was that everyone has a myriad of gods to choose from and it doesn't really matter which one, as long as you like him, or her. "Live and let live," he said.

I told him that the Scripture teaches that God had at one time overlooked such ignorance, or lack of knowledge, but now that He has revealed Himself through His Son, Jesus Christ, He no longer does so.

We had quite a discussion, but He was unwilling to accept that there could only be one God, and only one way.

He got a little agitated with me and finally left the park.

I wonder what happened to his friend?

No comments:

Post a Comment